Botanic Gardens, Oxford
THIS TWEET JUST MADE MY DAY. OMG RINGO.
ATTENTION EVERYONE IN THE LA AREA!!
My cousin, TALLON, was reported MISSING today. He is an AUTISTIC BLACK TEEN AND IS COMPLETEY NON-VERBAL. HE DOES NOT RESPOND TO HIS NAME. This young man went out for his daily bike ride, unattended, and did not come back. Tonight, HE IS IN LA BY HIMSELF. He is 6’0, 200lbs, and was last seen wearing a white t shirt and khaki shorts. PLEASE SIGNAL BOOST!!
Paying to rough it, Susan and John Johnson came to Alaska after homestead and other free land had run out. They bought eight expensive acres of wilderness with a view, tenting while they built a small, handsome log house with no modern conveniences.
National Geographic - June, 1975
Please stop complaining about people’s thick accents. They learned an entire language, allowing them to communicate with you; the least you could do is respect that.
Healed photo of Julie’s garlic botanical illustration! I LOVED DOING THIS TATTOO, and super duper appreciated an opportunity to take a healed shot! Thanks for stopping by!
self-care suggestions beyond “have a bath”
- collect flowers for pressing
- plan a trip in great detail
- memorise a poem
- find and record sounds you love
- customise a piece of clothing
- read a book you loved from childhood
- have someone do your hair/paint your nails
- climb a tree (and spend some time there)
- find a free local event to go to
- visit an animal shelter
- try to recreate a great meal you once had
- record a fond memory
- do something you think you can’t do